Here at Babu we take pride in our GOTS certified cotton. Although we believe in the universal practice of GOTS requirements, it is not compulsory. GOTS is one way to recognise the social and environmental responsibility of a business.
What is GOTS?
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is a well renowned certification for the production of organic materials. GOTS has specific environmental and social criteria that businesses must meet. This standard verifies that a product is made using ethical and sustainable processes. The GOTS is constantly under review to ensure the best requirements are upheld in the production of textiles.
GOTS social criteria includes:
- Strict prohibition of child labour
- Safe and hygienic working conditions
- Fair wages (must meet industry benchmark or national minimum)
- Fair working hours (Do not regularly exceed 48 hours per week)
- Required to take at least one rest day per 7-day period
- Employment is chosen freely (not forced)
- No workplace discrimination
GOTS certifies that all the levels of the supply chain comply with these social and environmental standards, making your baby clothes the best in quality and impact on the world.
Babu cotton is grown without the use of harmful chemicals and pesticides, making it super gentle on babies’ skin and the environment. Our organic cotton is high quality and long-lasting, allowing you to love your Babu cotton for years to come. Our manufacturing partners work in a factory that is safe and hygienic. All of these workers are freely employed and paid fair wages.
Interested in GOTS baby clothing? Check out our Organic Baby Clothing.